Sunday, July 21, 2013

Brave/stupid?

Just got home from a discussion group where I was leading an intense conversation on monoamory and what it is.  And its larger meaning in the universe of sex positivity.  I actually discussed masturbation in public.  I am amazed at myself.  Of course, this is why I'm a writer.  I get to be faceless and just throw thoughts out there for people and then scurry off to my bedroom unnoticed by whoever is reading it.

The discussion was all good.  A lot of people contributed and had interesting thoughts to share.  I'm still toying with the idea of what the tools necessary for successful and ethical monoamory are.

Obviously openness and communication.  We covered that today.  Also, independence balanced with togetherness.  Tricky business, that balance thing.

Wowzer bravely attended the discussion, too, making me admire him all the more.  Given his aversion to being outed, I think he gets extra points tonight.

One thing that surprised me was the reaction I got from some people there.  It seemed like they didn't like the idea that monogamy carries negative cultural weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment